"May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in."
- Mother Teresa -

Sponsor a child online through Compassion's Christian child sponsorship ministry. Search for a child by age, gender, country, birthday, special needs and more.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Rebirth

Ordinarily, the first entry of a blog should be reserved to introduce oneself and purpose of entering, or in my case, re-entering the blogosphere.
(I've been a long time gone.)
However, fragmented thoughts are all I'm currently capable of since coming down with the flu yesterday afternoon, not well composed sentences expressing my uncertainty about my ability to keep this place up or my reservations about becoming vulnerable once again but taking the plunge anyhow.

Therefore, no better time than now to begin chronicling my one thousand gifts as inspired by the brilliant author, Ann Koskamp, author of the blog A Holy Experience and "One Thousand Gifts", a book that is speaking to me in ways only she could describe properly. Although, I will try.



#0001 - being warmly welcomed by a congregation of believers

#0002 - spreading creamy peanut butter over two pieces of warm toast and sharing it with my BabyGirl, who's not feeling so hot herself :o/

#0003 - little girls noses that crinkle when they laugh - truly laugh - and soaking it all in as time, simply, stands still

#0004 - discovering {new to me} scriptures

#0005 - the wonderful conversations that come when sharing an episode of "Little House On The Prairie" with my girls

#0006 - When God brings new friends into your life who inspire and challenge you to be your best self

#0007 - the sweet aroma of blueberry muffins filling my home

#0008 - undeniable signs from God ("Okay! Okay! I get the point!" LOL)

#0009 - the anticipation of beginning a new chapter in life

#0010 - cheesy predicable movies on The Hallmark Channel ;o)


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. love you much!!! glad to see you back!! i need to get back to mine....maybe this will jumpstart my butt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!!! and i am the first follower too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well hello there!!!! Glad to see you back. How is the camera.. I just picked mine up today and dang it.. I have to go out tomorrow and get a memory card for it. : )
    I am in the process of turning my blog into a book.. I'm so excited. it's gorgous. : )
    see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,

    Sadly, I haven't messed with it much. To be quite honest, I tried the other day and became very overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles! I need a mentor! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm getting more and more interested in this book! :) maybe i'll borrow your copy after i get through a few others... :) may i?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, you sure can! :D However, I won't be finished with it for a while. The online vlogs for each chapter don't end until March 16th. Does that work for ya? It will be worth the wait. You're gonna LOVE it. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you blogging again, thanks for letting me know. Great entry :)

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


holy experience


rest ministries chronic illness support
 

Heaven Pouring Down On Me | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates